If you are passionate about music production and searching for the best laptop for FL Studio? Here are the best choices to think before making a purchase. Laptops generally offer fewer power quality than desktops at the same time. FL Studio is used by many musicians, and many professionals use other software. It’s free and the only downside is you can’t reopen your saved tasks without acquiring the full version.
What is FL Studio?
- 1 What is FL Studio?
- 2 System Requirements for FL Studio
- 3 Top 10 Best Laptop for FL Studio with Effective Buying Guidelines
- 4 Choose the Best Laptop FL Studio
- 5 Conclusion
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
FL Studio is a full production system for music software, with more than 20 years of pioneering creation. If you are creating, mixing, editing, recording, and arranging the music you get all straight out of the box. The software is available with four different editions, for both Microsoft Windows and MAC OS. You could even simply download FL Studio’s trial version too.
System Requirements for FL Studio
FL Studio uses a multi-core CPU to offer steady output. We have gotten enough information about FL Studio and now comes the key issue that the system specifications should always be to run the same.
Just, pay attention that the CPU is the laptop’s major indicator which defines its capacity to drive FL Studio and maintain large projects. We recommend you go with Intel Core i7 or i5 Processor operated laptops. Usually, 8 GB is quite enough but we would recommend 16 GB.
Top 10 Best Laptop for FL Studio with Effective Buying Guidelines
- Lenovo Legion Y720
- MSI GV62 8RD-034
- ASUS VivoBook Pro
- HP ENVY 13
- Black Acer Aspire
- Dell XPS 15 9570
- Apple MacBook Pro
- Microsoft Surface Laptop 2
- ASUS ZenBook 13
- GIGABYTE Aero 15W-OG4
The vast disposal of money is going beyond that as you would never use that much memory to produce music.
Now let us take a closer look directly at the 10 best Laptop for FL Studio collection.
Lenovo Legion Y720
- Featuring an all-new aluminum build
- This Lenovo Legion Y720 comes featuring GeForce GTX 1060-6 GB
- Core i7 7700HQ CPU.
- In addition to making FL Studio music,
- It’s designed for both VR and gaming.
- JBL remarkably fine-tuned the audio whereas the Dolby has adjustment modes too.
- You may also choose the game mode or video mode to get full sounds.
- Two USB 3.0 ports
The sound is outstanding. The highs are fine, the voice, the mids are good and clean. Sound attributes are with 2 speakers at the front and a subwoofer at the base.
MSI GV62 8RD-034
- Powerful and budget-friendly FL Studio and gaming laptop.
- CPU of 8th Generation Coffee Lake-H
- 06 inches thin and light (4.8 pounds) Screen design.
- Full HD 1920 X 1080p display powered using IPS technology.
- 1080P resolution
MSI GV62 8RD-034 has a power jack slot, SD card, HDMI port, Ethernet Port, USB 2.0 port, USB 2.0 port, USB 3.1 port, USB Type-C port, and headphone & microphone jacks.
ASUS VivoBook Pro
- Best computer for FL studio with its sleek build and offering top performance.
- NVidia graphics card (GTX 1050), which is gaming-friendly.
- Top color accuracy, clarity, and sharpness with ASUS VivoBook laptop’s 4K UHD display.
- 256GB SSD and a 16GB RAM.
- The Intel Core i7 processor has a huge Turbo mode.
It has the star-gray finish with the excellent build quality and strong input devices (acceptable for the processing of music on the move). Comparison with other laptops in its rank is also lighter and sleeker.
HP ENVY 13
- Great bargain laptop and is marketed as an excellent computer.
- FL studio has an SD card reader, 2 USB 3.0 slots, an Ethernet jack, and HDMI output.
- Power input, CD/DVD drive, 2 USB 3.0 slots, and headphone jack.
External Displays is about 3. Test your laptop’s number of DVI / VGA, USB 3.1 Form C, Multi-screen hub, and HDMI connectivity.
Black Acer Aspire
- The speed of the device must be your first primary focus.
- Black Acer has the excellent speed to use for gaming or FL Studio.
- An Intel i5 processor or quad-core processor with high clock speed.
- Don’t have any mixer tracks that also mix effects and instruments.
- Split the instruments to many channels.
Dell XPS 15 9570
- An Intel Core i7-8750H quad-core processor that gives you good performance in studio FL.
- Comparable to games, and best video creation laptop like the Digital Storm Equinox.
- Space by SSD (512 GB).
- RAM: 2666MHz (16 GB DDR4).
- Modified from the prior GTX 1050 to 1050 Ti.
The Dell XPS 15 9570 best FL studio laptop has highly innovative NVIDIA graphics, emerges with powerful speakers, and superb HD audio. Other heavy software such as CAD (computer-aided design) and Pro Tools can be run on the Core i7-8750H processor.
Apple MacBook Pro
- A quad-core Intel Core i5 processor.
- 128GB SSD and 8GB RAM delivers speedy performance.
- 3″ LED-backlit Retina display.
- Two Thunderbolt 3 ports.
Inside the laptop, you get Intel Iris plus Graphics 645. It starts with an incredibly long battery life of around 10 hours and weighs about 3 lbs.
Microsoft Surface Laptop 2
- 8th gen Intel Core i7 processor.
- You can get one USB A port, one mini display port, one Surface Connect port.
- 5mm headphone jack for connecting microphones and headphones.
- Razor-sharp resolution (2256×1504 pixels).
- 16GB of RAM that handles Multi-tasking.
- SSD storage space with 512GB capacity.
Microsoft Surface Laptop 2 has a battery backup of around 13 hours. Surface Laptop 2 is mainly known for its performance and portability.
ASUS ZenBook 13
- The laptop weighs around 2.6 lbs.
- Battery life is approximately 10-14 hours.
- An Intel Core i7-8565U processor.
- The clock speed of around 4.6GHz under high-intensity tasks.
- 3″ FHD display.
- TPM security chip that you can use to encrypt data.
ASUS ZenBook 13has a Dual-function touchpad. You can turn your touchpad to turn it into a numeric keyboard if you really need to speed up the digit numbers.
GIGABYTE Aero 15W-OG4
- 8GHz Intel Core i7-7700HQ processor.
- Turbo-boost technology up to 3.8GHz.
- 16GB DDR4 2400MHz, 512GB M.2 SATA Solid State Drive (SSD).
- Runs on Windows 10 operating system.
- Fusion RGB Per-Key backlit keyboard.
- 6″ (1920 x 1080 pixels) FHD IPS wide.
GIGABYTE Aero 15W-OG4 has NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GDDR5 6GB graphics card for high-multitasking and good music production. It contains Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth v4.2, 3 USB (3.0) Type-A, 1 USB (3.1) C, SD (XC / HC) card reader, 1 mDP and 1 HDMI port.
Choose the Best Laptop FL Studio
I indicated that SSD drives (one TB SSD would be optimal) are more efficient in music production comparison to HDD drives. That is extremely effective when operating VSTs or loading samples.
The ASIO drivers are very essential components to a successful connection between the sound card and your FL Studio DAW.
I would say a 16 GB RAM would be adequate to handle the FL studio DAW, especially when you’re running a lot of sample-based instruments. As a pro music maker, though, you may need to acquire some (external) audio GUI.
Try to ensure, after all, that your laptop comes with extra free RAM slots to allow future RAM upgrades-but always add RAM in pairs. Laptops have CL9-11 RAM. Frequency & channels are therefore not important in this manufacture. As per the official website of FL Studio, the software uses multi-cores, but purchasing the processor’s most upgraded version will not necessarily enhance the productivity.
So, these are the best FL Studio laptops you can purchase today. If you’ve decided to jump directly to the conclusion then we’d recommend you go with the ASUS ZenBook 13.
It was awarded on the catalog as the best value for money laptop. Also, we’ll be happy to assist you in case you have any doubts you can post below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What laptop should I buy for FL Studio?
These are the 20 Best Laptops for FL Studio 20 (2020): Apple MacBook Pro. Acer Nitro 5. Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition.
Do professionals use FL Studio?
FL Studio is used by many musicians, and other musicians use other applications. Pro Tools, Ableton Live, Logic, Digital Artist, Cubase, Sonar, Nuendo, Reaper, Purpose, Record, etc. are other popular examples.
How much RAM do I need for music production?
Probably 8 GB is sufficient. 16 That’s probably more than you like. Only if you use lots of sample-based instruments, each running Multi-GB orchestral libraries & ROMpler style plugins, is 32 GB required. For music production don’t install more than 32 GB of RAM.
What famous artists use FL Studio?
Numerous highly visible hip hop and EDM producers have used FL Studio, including Porter Robinson, Madeon, Soulja Boy, and Deadmau5.
Which processor is best for FL Studio?
To run FL Studio comfortably a minimum of 2GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor is required. Among AMDs, the Athlon processor is as effective at handling the applications as Intel Pentium 4 is.