Last Updated on 4 weeks ago by Nicky Johnson
It’s a natural feeling to want to escape, and head to a destination that offers the ultimate luxury to destress and unwind. Somewhere that’s guaranteed tropical balmy weather and the very best in amenities. And somewhere for adults to enjoy without kids running about.
Trying to find such an ideal checklist isn’t easy, but booking a stay at the very best of the 5-star resorts Maldives can provide does just that, from the moment that the 30-minute speedboat journey from the Malé International Airport arrives to when it’s time to leave.
- There is a choice of 67 over-water, ocean, and beach villas set over a lagoon in the Indian Ocean, at one of the few adults-only resorts in the Maldives, with full access being provided to its sister resort. Its serenity allows for total relaxation surrounded by scenery that dreams are made while making the most of all the provided amenities.
- For those who love the idea of being over water, they will stay in a spacious villa, with a coconut thatch roof, hardwood floors, and views of the lagoon. High-speed internet access means not being completely cut off from the outside world, which can be used, maybe after making use of the yoga kit that is provided. Maybe later in the day, the villa will provide the perfect ambiance to enjoy some card games.
- After a dip in the ocean using the direct lagoon access, it might be time to lay on the sundeck with its daybed and coffee table which the Nespresso machine has provided drinks for. The Bluetooth speaker and 55” internet-enabled flat TV guarantee entertainment whenever it’s required, maybe while kicking back in the provided bathrobe and slippers while enjoying the minibar. The provided safe inside the room ensures security.
- Those who are looking for wellness from their break are well looked after as patients enjoy embarking on a holistic wellness retreat for body and mind administered by expert therapists. Soothing Ayurvedic therapies to suit all requirements are provided with meditation and yoga among the wellness treatments. It could be the ideal destination for solo female globetrotters.
- There are some fantastic choices to enjoy wonderful cuisine, both local and international, in the most romantic of locations. A Japanese restaurant is accompanied by one serving spices of the Indian Ocean, with another specializing in Thai meals. For those who enjoy light bites and drinks, the pool bar is the perfect place to relax and watch the sun go down, maybe enjoying cocktails, champagne, and tapas.
- There are also activities that will create lasting memories, such as scuba diving, even for those with no previous experience. Perhaps an island picnic excursion might get a partner in the mood for romance, which can be supplemented by indulging in some couples’ spa treatments.
A stay at a luxury 5-star villa on a private island in the Maldives exclusively for adults is a perfect destination for those looking to unwind in perfect surroundings.