Last Updated on 2 years ago by Nicky Johnson
Sylvia Earle was right when she said that “the best scientists and explorers have the attributes of kids!” They ask questions and have a sense of wonder. They have curiosity. “Who, what, where, why, when and how!” They never stop asking questions, just like a five-year-old.” As adults, we are to be held responsible for whatever action we take. It is important we learn to take actions that will propel us to greatness and fulfillment, and not ones that lead to stagnancy in life and in one’s career.
For maximum growth and development to be achieved in one’s career, one needs to be ready to ask questions. Questions like, “how do I become better positioned to access top positions in my field of expertise?”, “how do I overcome dissatisfaction and my lack of enthusiasm at work?”, “am I ready for a career change?’,“ what does it take to change a career?”.
While asking questions is good, it is more important that you seek answers from the right source. Do you have questions bugging you concerning your career change goals? Fret not, all you have to do is to talk with a career change coach.
Why should you get away from your comfort zone?
- Lasting change cannot happen when you are in your comfort zone. Do you need progress? You need to work for it.
- It makes you become adaptable to change.
- It makes you stronger and more equipped to tackle new challenges.
- Furthermore, it’s a great self-confidence booster.
- Stepping out of your comfort zone presents you with new opportunities.
- It creates in you a resilient spirit.
- Getting out of your comfort zone makes you aware of your strengths and weaknesses. This awareness makes you work towards turning your weaknesses to strength.
- It promotes the quality of one’s life. Changing your career is a way to step out of your comfort zone. With the help of a career change coach, you make decisions that will invariably improve the quality of your life.
How to get away from your comfort zone
- Be ready to admit that lasting success and progress does not come easily. With this, you will be ready to work hard to attain excellence.
- You can get away from your comfort zone by networking with people who have succeeded in their chosen field. Reading about their success story will ignite in you the desire to be better.
- Avoid having mediocre thoughts and mindset.
- There’s nothing as important as believing in yourself. Do you want a PhD? Go ahead and have it.
- Keep records of your progress. This will encourage you to keep moving forward.
- Employ the services of a career change coach if you’re interested in changing careers.
As a career change coach, you’re our priority. We provide assistance, advice and practical tools that will be useful during trying moments, you get to learn about life skills that will make you sail safely in your career change journey. You’re just a phone call away from making the best decision in your career, contact us today!